The Kurdistan Regional Government’s official statistics of the rescue of Yazidi abductees, was released today and sent to me.
The full report is below:
“As the result of the heinous crimes committed by the terrorists of the organisation; Islamic State in Iraq and the Sham (ISIS). The numbers against the Yazidis, since 03-08-2014:
* These statistics are approved by the United Nations.
– The number of Yezidis in Iraq: 550,000 people.
– The number of people displaced by an invasion is approximately 360,000.
– The number of martyrs in the first days of the invasion 1,293.
The number of orphans produced by the invasion: 2,745.
– The number of mass graves discovered in Shingal has so far been 80. In addition to dozens of individual cemetery sites.
– The number of religious shrines that have been bombed by: 68.
– The number of those who emigrated outside the country is estimated at more than 100,000.
*Number of abductees 6,417. Of which:
*The numbers of survivors following the tragedy is as follows:
Total: 3,476, of which:
Number of Others:
According to the statistics of the Office of the rescue of the kidnapped Yezidis, and their sources approved, where the last update on 03-06-2019.
The details show that apparently the number of “others” is the number of those still missing. 2,941 which is the 3,000 figure is that is often quoted.
The details show that the number displaced is still over 350,000 and that more than 100,000 are estimated to have moved abroad. This is a terrible result of the ISIS war and genocide. An unprecedented assault on a minority population. Very little is being done to repair Sinjar or invest in Yazidis returning.
The recent fires show that the security situation is still problematic and a recent VBIED attack also illustrates the threat.